Thursday, February 3, 2011

Juicing

I recently got a juicer for Christmas.....and I LOVE it!! The health benefits are out of this world. My Favorite Recipe for the skin is one I found in an amazing book I am reading (that I recommend to everyone!) called The Truth about Beauty by Kate James.

Kat's Beauty Detox Elixir
1 3inch wedge of cabbage
1/2 large beet
A couple bunches of dark greens (Parsley, spinach, kale, or watercress)
1 large Carrot
1 Unpeeled lemon
A thumb sized piece of ginger root

Scrub your produce, then cut it up and run it through a juicer. The benefits of this drink are crazy good. Cabbage heals the stomach lining, Beet is a great blood cleanser and wonderful for the skin. Dark greens are the ultimate detoxifiers and bone builders. Carrots are loaded with skin, vision, and body-healing caroteniods. Lemon alkalizes the body, and the peel is loaded with bioflavonoids. Ginger improves circulation and digestion.

When you take care of your body from the inside by eating healthy and juicing, it will start to show on the outside in your skin. Think Health and Beauty will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment